Website GMR Transcription Services, Inc.
GMR Transcription is a leading transcription company looking for qualified transcriptionists to work from home. Our transcribers listen to a recorded audio and/or video file and at the same time type it into a text document. They play the audio in transcription software that connects to a foot pedal, which allows them to type and control the audio simultaneously.
We do not require any experience, but you will be sent a short transcription test which will be strictly graded.
Our pay rates are per audio minute and are based on the number of speakers, quality of audio, turnaround time, and special instructions. We post details of available assignments (pay rate, due date, etc.) and you can pick and choose which assignments you”™d like to take. Paydays are every other Friday and are extremely reliable through direct deposit or paper check (you choose). We have been working with IC transcriptionists for over 10 years and pride ourselves in our reliable pay, constant communication, and the valued relationships we have with our team.
Please Note: Although most of our work consists of good quality files, the test audio is intentionally of difficult audio, so that we can weed out any transcriptionists that may not be a good fit. When taking the test, please be sure to follow the directions and formatting carefully and proofread your transcript against the audio before submitting.
- Attention to detail
- Good listening/hearing skills
- Ability to work on your own with little hand-holding
- Good understanding of English grammar
- English as your first language (this is critical unless you have a very high understanding of the English language)
- Internet & computer savvy
- Available toÂ communicate online during the day
- Ability to follow writtenÂ directions
- Experience is not required, but is a plus
- High speedÂ internet
- Reliable computer
- Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Noise cancelling headset preferred
- Transcription foot pedal preferred