A well-established start-up company is looking to hire VWS’ newest shining star immediately! Full-time transcriptionist opportunities coming real soon...
Responsibilities for this hybrid position include, but are not limited to the:
- Ability to transcribe and summarize meetings (policy or technical) from audio/digital recordings/files into written format.
- Ability to transcribe, script preparation, multiple electronic caption formats, sub-titling, and real-time transcription (RTC)
- Ability to complete tasks within established deadlines, timeframes, and budget
- Ability to provide a detailed “Summary Meeting Report.” The Summary Meeting Report shall include identifying all people present, pertinent matters of discussion, decisions, action items, meeting agenda items, motions, objections,
- and votes.
- Ability to correct errors in transcription, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Minimum 3 years experience in transcription, captioning services for the live video stream and pre-recorded video.
- Must have a valid State of California Certified Shorthand Reporter certificate, -or- valid National Court Reporters Association Professional Reporter certification, -or- valid Certified Real-Time Reporter certification
- Knowledge of the basic acronyms, terminology, and subject matter of the following technical fields (architectural design, building design, healthcare facility, construction and inspection, building codes and regulations, seismic safety, mechanical engineering and plumbing, geotechnical/geologic engineering, structural engineering, access compliance, fire and life safety, and/or electrical engineering, preferred but not required.
- Excellent auditory function;
- Experience with word processing, minimal production 60 WPM;
- Excellent English language skills, including grammar, punctuation, and style;
- Ability to understand diverse accents and dialects.
Just a few perks to consider:
- 5-6 hours of audio a week (20-36 hours of working hours) or more
- You can choose your own times you are available
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world
- No travel required